Thursday, July 28, 2011

Options

If you were given the following options, which would you choose?

A) Read a book
B) Clean
C) Research/paperwork/productive things
D) Go outside
E) Go to the dentist, find cavities, fix them, and pay $$$ for it

I'm pretty sure this isn't a tricky one, but I would choose A, B, C, and D several times before I chose E. But, alas, E has been my day thus far. Honestly, the actual procedure went very smoothly {even the shot went well!} other than being disappointed about the pre-cavities - of course.

BUT, the paying for it part is what sucked the most.  Since I constantly think about trade-offs and how I could have better spent the money, I could have bought:

a new point and shoot camera
OR
almost two weeks worth of groceries
OR
a few tanks-worth of gasoline
OR
jeans, shoes, and jewelry
OR
 well over 600 packs of Ramen noodles
OR
one fancy date night at a nice restaurant


...see my point?
I suppose it is necessary and important and I really shouldn't complain.

I'm thankful I have a full set of teeth with which to eat, though.  =]
Speaking of: time for lunch!

3 comments:

Breeanna @ a brilliant melody said...

i would choose read a book out of all of those, especially the dentist. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed 2 months ago, so I know your $$ pain.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Breeanna

em said...

Every time I go into the dentist for a regular visit I joke with him about knocking all my teeth out and getting dentures, he doesn't think it is nearly as funny as me.

jos xx said...

going to the destist is always a pain in the ass...i hate going there, and the price to pay is always high! from the options up there, i would choose reading at the moment...i want to relax a little bit!

jos xx