Pulpit rockPulpit rockPulpit rock

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Catching up

It seems like I just barely have time to catch up on the weekends from the busy work week, lately.  I haven't taken so many 'outside' pictures, or 'action' shots. I DID finally finish my cross stitch that was for my friend's birthday (in late February). It was a litttttttle bit late [and by that, I mean extremely] because I am much slower at cross stitching than I thought I was.  

The Mr. has joined a softball league through his work, so he's been having practice once a week. His first game is tommorrow - I haven't seen them play, yet, so I'll be interested to see how they do.  I, on the other hand, have been having allergies like crazy so I haven't spent hours on end outside like I'd want to! I'm not sure why they're so bad this spring, but my guess is that it has to do with the mild winter.

On another note, we did a spice haul a couple weeks ago, and I snapped this pic right after I opened the shipping box. 
Online, we ordered rosemary, allspice, tamarind, coriander, cloves, basil, grains of paradise, chipotle powder, oregano, cinnamon, spearmint, and chili powder. I'll need to figure out where the spices will live since every brand and jar seems to be shaped just a little bit differently !!

What else have we been up to.......? Last weekend we helped with 'Adopt a highway' trash pickup. I was surprised to find out how much paperwork we had to go through just to help out. There were three or four pages of forms to sign and training to go through. We also wore hard hats and bright vests, just to look extra cool out there with our trash bags and trash pickers. It was a good time, and I was glad the weather was nice enough that we could help out.   I'll be volunteering more often fairly soon - just more paperwork to complete for that!

Hopefully I'll be posting more often - I'll try to remember at least. I like posting recipes that we cook during the week, so maybe I'll try to do that more often. No promises! This afternoon, I'll be making these maple syrup cookies, so I'll have to report back on how those go. I might even use the vanilla sugar I made... (which is also delicious!)

I hope everyone's been having a good week - and having a relaxing weekend, too!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the cross-stitch. I imagine the recipient didn't mind the wait. :)

Bonnie said...

My weekends haven't been very relaxing lately. I am hoping that changes once the semester is over!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anonymous said...

I love the cross stitch. It looks great. So do the natchos :) That is quite a stash of spices, too. Looks like you will be doing some cooking. Pass the recipie if it turns out for you. Joan