Pulpit rockPulpit rockPulpit rock

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tulip Festival

The Mr. and I went to the Tulip Festival yesterday. It was definitely worth checking out since we didn't get downtown last year.  There were bands playing all day long at two stages, carnival food, some small rides, random entertainment, contests, and an art festival.  A tulip queen was chosen along with some other 'festival' type of goings-ons.

The tulips reached their peak a few weeks ago, but luckily a few were still in good enough shape to be the popular focus of many cameras.

I don't think I've ever seen black tulips before, but these were pretty cool.

Aren't they so pretty? I think next year I might have to go to the park a week before the festival so that I can take some tulip pictures without so many people around!   We enjoyed our time outside, but it was about 80* out so we were ready to head inside when we were done!
I hope everyone had a great weekend - and Happy Mother's Day, mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This looks like it was a fun day to be outside. So many pretty tulips, too. I noticed in the little garden place here, that there were black petunia's. This must be a new color for flowers. Although, if you keep any of them long enough they will also look black :) Joan