Pulpit rockPulpit rockPulpit rock

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pizza from Ingredients :P

I was initially going to write 'Pizza from Scratch' for my title, but I didn't really scratch it out, and ingredients are what I used to make the pizza...so that makes sense, right? hardy-har-har-har.

The first thing I did was prepare the tomatoes for the oven, since I wanted them to cook at a really low heat for quite a long time. {Ideally, I was trying to follow Nigella's 'Moonblush Tomatoes' recipe here, and you're supposed to cook them overnight.Unfortunately, I rarely plan ahead so I just kind of altered the duration and temperature.}  I also must have forgotten to take a picture after I added half a chopped red onion to this cookie sheet.  The recipe version doesn't add the red onion, but I wanted more of a baked, onion-y spice to the sauce. This went in the oven while I prepared the rest of the pizza.  This becomes the pizza sauce.

Then I made a basic pizza dough {following this recipe}, let it sit, saved half, flung it around/rolled it out (which I managed to do without a rolling pin!), added pesto, added the pizza sauce from the oven, and added chopped green peppers.  I meant to put mushrooms on the pizza, but had used two pints in a soup instead of just one.  Oops!  This was just as tasty, anyway.

Next, I sprinkled mozzarella cheese and spices on top and then stuck it in the oven!

 We cut it up, and it was time to dig in!  {Notice in the picture that we ate a few pieces right away before I remembered to take a picture before it was all gone.}  At least I get points for remembering.

No comments: