Pulpit rockPulpit rockPulpit rock

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Edit Me - Week 7

{The picture for this week's 'Edit Me' challenge is from Branson at My Reflection of Something.}

Original


Edited

My Reflection of Something

After I got done and uploaded it, I realized that it looks grainy because I somehow worked with the lower resolution version of the picture :( Not really sure why I didn't notice sooner, but oh well.


I rotated the picture, so the flag would have its field of stars in the upper left corner.  I brightened it and softened the sky, and brought out some different blue colors.  I wanted to keep it simple, and clean.  I added a star focus to the flag, and 'Stars and Stripes Forever'; simple, straightforward, and meaningful.  That's my FAVORITE 4th of July song (although I'm not sure how many other songs are in the running), so I'm attaching it as a YouTube video, too. =)  


'Stars and Stripes Forever' by John Philip Sousa as played by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, directed by Leonard Bernstein, and recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in London (1976)
Enjoy the cellos, cymbals, trombones, baritones, and piccolo. Well, enjoy whatever you want in the song, but those are my favorites. :)






2 comments:

EMily said...

neat edit, yo. I especially like the cymbals.

Branson said...

Love that you flipped it for one thing ;) I love the starburst and the little stars... using those design elements really makes this edit fun. Great job!!