Pulpit rockPulpit rockPulpit rock

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Moroccon Crispy Chickpeas

I just found this fantastic recipe for Moroccan Crispy Chickpeas here and haven't tried it yet. I figured if I posted on the blog then I'll remember to try making it some other time! If anybody tries this before I do, let me know how it turns out. I'm on a spice buying mission, so we'll have to see where I end up buying them from. When I make these, I'd probably use two cans of beans since the video made it seem like there would be plenty of extra spice.

Makes 3-4 servings
Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. California chile powder
2 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 t. sweet paprika
1 t. ground coriander
1/4 t. ground allspice
1/4 t. ground ginger
pinch of ground cloves
1/4 t. salt


Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Rinse chickpeas well, then lay on a paper towel and pat dry. Transfer to cookie sheet.
  3. Toss with olive oil until  chickpeas are lightly coated.
  4. In a small bowl, combine California chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, coriander, allspice, ginger, and salt
  5. Sprinkle spice mixture over chickpeas, then toss until evenly coated. Save any leftovers for your next batch!
  6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

1 comment:

mountain mama said...

yum! thanks for sharing...always looking for new ways to fix garbanzos.

on the cruise last month they made baked garbanzo chips!! they were yum...the chef left before i could ask the recipe :(

blessings~